3 Tips to “WOW” Your Client with Your Pre Listing and Pre Buyer Package
Last year the whole concept of a Realtor pre listing package and pre buyer package was one of our most popular posts and ideas for AgentsBoost in 2013.
The idea is to, one or two days in advance of your listing or buyer appointment, personally deliver (or have a professional courier company deliver) a package that will engage your client, knock out the competition and WOW and awe them before you have even met.
The package is a tool designed to build trust, have them like you and increase the chance of them hiring you the first time you meet and sign a listing or exclusive buyers contract with no questions asked. Imagine a tool that saves you time, energy and increases your effectiveness almost every time.
In my opinion there should not be any real estate agent without this tool in their arsenal.[ez_box title=”Keys to an Effective Pre Listing and
Pre Buyer Package” color=”blue”]
- Your Biography – Share with them your past, your family, your successes, awards and achievements in and outside of real estate. Include your business, years of experience and your expertise and passion.
- Your Team – Include a photo, name and biography on each team member, their responsibilities and their role within the team. For those of you saying I don’t have a team, include your mortgage broker, home stager, accountant, broker owner, home inspector, photographer, technology supporter, graphic designer and any more you can think of. They hire them all when they hire you.
- Corporate Charter, Mission Statement, Core Values – This includes your purpose, who you are, your values, what it is you do, your practices, your principles and your promise to them. This is important for your customer to understand your values and who you are and what you believe and illustrates your integrity in life and business.
- Feature-Benefit Marketing Service Guarantee – This is not a guarantee that their home will sell or they will find that perfect home to buy. It is a guarantee that you will perform the services that you said you would perform. Example -I/we are putting your home on MLS and the benefit is global exposure of their home to prospective agents and their buyer pools.
- Step by Step Buying or Selling Process – Describe each step in their buying or selling journey before it happens.
- How You Find Buyers – Illustrate five things that you do to find buyers for their home.
- How you Find That Right Home to Buy – Illustrate five things that you do to save them time, money and stress in buying.
- Testimonials – Provide them with third party testimonials from previous buyers and sellers and what they experienced buying and selling with you in the past. Call some of your past clients and ask them these questions. 1) What they liked most? 2) What you do the best? 3) One word to describe the experience? Put their responses into a quote and ask permission to display.
- List of What the seller Will Need to Have Available at the Appointment – Survey, Tax notice, Utility bills, 2 house keys.
- List of What the Buyer Will Need to Have Available at the Appointment – Wish list, Pre approval, Deposit, Measuring tape.
- Ten Best Features of My Home – Make up a form that allows the seller and buyer to list the best features of their home they are selling or wanting to buy.
- Include DVD’s – Recommend the following by my mentor David Knox. Pricing Your Home to Sell by David Knox (I am NOT compensated for any sales through this link)
- Package of Microwave Popcorn and Two Bottles of Water – Package it up something like the image at the top of this post.
As with anything test this idea out. Don’t just take my word on it, put a few of these together for your next few appointments and take note of your rate of success. Also watch for visual responses from your clients, i.e. if they were impressed or more grateful then usual from your normal presentation.
I hope these pointers help you impress and secure more clients than ever in 2014.
Strength and courage,
Please share these Realtor pre list pointers using the buttons below…
Check out the pre list package we featured last year.