I am sure we are all asking ourselves the same question. “What Can I Do In A Time Like This?” Here is my list of activities without being insensitive and unsafe! Marketing as a real estate agent
in today’s environment requires a whole new approach and must include empathy, sympathy for those you reach. Let me be very clear that this is a time to serve and not sell and a time for earning relationship share and not market share. Not socially distant but creative closeness. So here we go….
– this is a time to be very focused on our own self-care and a reminder to all those that give to ask for help! We need to be good ourselves in order to be good for others. I love this great acronym M.E.D.S. – Mindset, Exercise, Diet, Sleep.
PLEASE….Turn the news off. Stop watching negative social media content.
2. Database Calls
– pick up the phone and call everyone in your relationships list. Please not a mass email, this is not the time to mass anything. We need to be communicating personally with 5-10 people in your database every day. Reach out with care and say, “I was just thinking about you. I wanted to reach out and say Are you OK? I just want to let you know I’m here for you.”
3. Database Virtual Community Event
- Existing Client Under Contract Or Wanting to Do Something – Tell them “I’m here for you. I have your back. What would you like to do?” keep all service providers in the loop until this deal gets registered and paid. If they want to pause, let them do so. Doing the right thing is always the right thing.
- Leads – you Call, text, or send a personal video to EVERY LEAD! Reach out with care and say, “I was just thinking about you. I wanted to reach out and say Are you OK? I just want to let you know I’m here for you.”
– Once a week or bi weekly invite your database to join you online using google hang outs, zoom or gotomeeting for a time of connecting, connecting others you know with each other, sharing, asking your advice, offering help or ask questions about anything and you can share about the market and what you know about their most valuable asset at this point.
– any of your clients of businesses that your frequent and ask “how you can help them? Are they ok?” promote anything they are still doing in this time of need like what they offer, when they are open, delivery, pick up etc. Even saw an agent create a hiring FB page in their community and is assisting that way. What an incredible opportunity to support the local business owners and service providers in your community. Call them and ask for an online interview with them using software that allows you to record this and then share it to your database. Be the straw that stirs the drink for this group that is in huge need.
5. Postal Mail
– The time has never been better to mail out and send a personal hand written note. Reach out with care and say, “I was just thinking about you. I wanted to reach out and say Are you OK? I just want to let you know I’m here for you.” It is a lost art. Always opened, always read and always leaves a greater impression on others than we could ever know. Who doesn’t need encouragement right now?!
– What an amazing time to sharpen your skills and self-improve on technology and how the online experience is the only option we have. Youtube is full of all kinds of free lessons on Video conferencing, virtual tours, video with your phone, digital documentations, working at home tips, sales skills, communication skills. We even have the time to learn another language, musical instrument, the list is endless. Check out www.coursera.org for a huge list of free courses from top universities.
7. Share Our Gifts and Talents
– Loved the story about the DJ on Instagram last week DNICE and is offering a virtual dance party for those around the world every night and went from hundreds to millions of followers in days enjoying his gift and talent and imagine what that will do for him in the future? If you have a gift or talent then now is the time to share it online with all your clients, friends and family and share the love!
So that should get us all started this week and allow us the chance to serve others, build relationship share and encourage community and if the business comes from any of this then so be it. Give with no expectation and you will receive! Share any others with me that are working for you as well please!!!
Strength and courage,