As a Realtor© it is important to stay positive at work and at home in order to maintain your productivity levels and be a positive influence at home. Sometimes it may be very hard to stay positive in your real estate business and to see the glass half full. I know for myself the struggle to maintain positivity is real and I quite frequently have to find ways to pick myself back up. Behaving professionally and keep doing your work even when you really don’t feel like working, I needed to learn how to bring up my own mood and get myself back on track. Below you can find some simple powerful tips to help you always be positive or get yourself back on track.
20 Tips On How to Stay Positive in your Business & Life
- Stay Positive. You can listen to the cynics and doubters and believe success is impossible or you can trust with faith and an optimistic attitude all things are possible.
- Take a morning walk of gratitude. I call it a “Thank You Walk.” It will create a fertile mind ready for success.
- Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a college kid with a maxed out charge card.
- Zoom Focus. Each day when you wake up in the morning ask: “What are the three most important things I need to do today that will help me create the success I desire?” Then tune out all the distractions and focus on these actions.
- Instead of being disappointed about where you are, think optimistically about where you are going.
- Remember adversity is not a dead-end but a detour to a better outcome.
- Don’t chase success. Instead decide to make a difference and success will find you.
- Get more sleep. You can’t replace sleep with a double latte.
- Don’t waste your precious energy on gossip, energy vampires, issues of the past, negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
- Mentor someone and be mentored by someone.
- Live with the 3 E’s. Energy, Enthusiasm, Empathy.
- Remember there’s no substitute for hard work.
- Believe everything happens for a reason and expect good things to come out of challenging experiences.
- Implement the “No Complaining Rule”. Remember complaining is like vomiting. Afterwards you feel better but everyone around you feels sick.
- Read more books than you did in 2017.
- Don’t seek happiness. Instead decide to live with passion and purpose and happiness will find you.
- Focus on “Get to” vs “Have to.” Each day focus on what you get to do, not what you have to do. Life is a gift not an obligation.
- Each night before you go to bed complete the following statements:
I am thankful for __________.
Today I accomplished____________.
- Smile and laugh more. They are natural anti-depressants.
- Enjoy the ride. You only have one ride through life so make the most of it and enjoy it.
So there you have it, some powerful ways to maintain positivity and ways to get you and your own mood back on track. Take a few of these today and put them into practice when you feel yourself slipping into negative thoughts or you just need to get yourself back on track!
Strength and courage,