“We become what we think about most of the time, and that’s the strangest secret.”
To an extent, we were all just going to do what we’re all going to do, and isn’t that such an enormous relief? After all, most of the time, we work with what we have to work with, we gravitate towards the things that make us happy, we source ideas and inspiration that are wholly unique and individual to us, and most of those processes are not even necessarily conscious, let alone active. People emerge from the womb a blank slate and fill the space with the things they’re naturally interested in. However, to be successful with what you want takes something behind active measures: you have to know yourself, make a practice out of your dreams, angle yourself towards the You who has always dwelled in your mind, and work hard at being Your Best Self. But the rest? Just keep dreaming.
Earl Nightingale (1921-1989) | American author & radio personality
Top 10 Thoughts To Eliminate As a REALTOR and in Your Personal Life:
1. Defeatist – a person who is accepting, expecting, or being resigned to defeat. Often linked to pessimism in psychology. How many of us have thought about defeat before we have even began?
2. Cynical – a person who believes people are motivated by self-interest. They are distrustful of human nature and motives. How many of us question others sincerity and integrity.
3. Vindictive – a person who has or shows a strong and unreasoning desire for revenge. Have you ever met someone that is always out to get back at someone else?
4. Blame/Fault – a person who assigns responsibility to someone or something else. How many of us are the “who cares?” “what are we going to do now?” type of people.
5. Wishful – a person who expresses the desire or hope of something to happen even though it is not happening. They do what they can to influence the project, situation, deal and just keep moving.
6. Self-pity – an excessive, self-absorbed un happiness over your own troubles. Have you met someone that needs to get over themselves … stop making excuses … no more drama or complaints?
7. Worrisome – a person who is full of anxiety and concern. Worrying won’t help, costs you time, and can drag you and others down.
8. Jealous – a person feeling or showing envy of someone or their achievements and advantages. If you want that achievement, then earn it!
9. Pre-argumentative – a person who builds their own imaginary argument and prepares themselves for the argument that may never happen. Imagine the energy and time we waste doing this?
10. Procrastinate – a person who always delays or postpones action and puts off doing something. If you’re going to procrastinate, it makes sense to do something fun instead of thinking about how bad it is you’re procrastinating.
Eliminating these thoughts might be impossible but minimizing them (and their impact) is completely doable. Here is the approach to eliminating these wasteful thoughts…
• Recognize them when they come up.
• Remind yourself they’re a costly distraction.
• Redirect your thinking (and/or doing) to something positive.
Embrace the simplicity by staying inspired and remember these are not our own thoughts, we just have friends with these kinds of wasteful thoughts 😉
Strength and courage,
Please share this post using the buttons below…