Marketing With No Money In Real Estate…
One of the greatest challenges
most real estate agents find is the rising costs and expectations of sellers on listing agents and their marketing programs. (When you get through this post check out our new 21 Low or No Cost Real Estate Marketing Tips for 2014
and fill in the form below for your Bonus Report of another 20 hot marketing ideas)
It’s becoming increasingly costly to be in the real estate business and more and more expensive to obtain new prospects, obtain repeat and referral business, enhance your image and market your sellers homes.
Statistics show it takes on average 2 years and 7 months to be remembered.
So how do you break through before you become broke?
I always like to begin with what are you selling?
What is the message you are wanting to get out?
I believe your message in Real Estate marketing is…
Why your company?
[ez_box title=”Here’s 20 Ways to Get Your Marketing Message Out Cost Effectively” color=”blue”]
- Pick up the phone and talk to 5 current or past clients a day.
- Add to the bottom of your email signature “The greatest compliment you can give me is a referral to your family, friends and colleagues.”
- Record a new, upbeat and original message on your voicemail every day. Try a riddle, joke, tip, quote or short story.
- Check the local news or internet for a good news story and clip or print the story and send the person who the story is about a personal note saying “well done or congratulations” and include your business card.
- Video yourself with your best buying or selling tips and post them to YouTube, Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter.
- Video a past client testimonial sharing their experience doing business with you and post it to your website or social media.
- Wear your company name badge. Don’t be a secret agent.
- Join or start a networking group like Business Network International (BNI).
- Post some of your best marketing, buying or selling ideas in Real Estate on your own blog.
- Submit press releases each week to local media sources.
- Create joint ventures and partnerships with other businesses and services that fall in line with the real estate industry.
- Complete a detailed profile of yourself in Facebook, Linkedin and Twitter.
- Write a short 500 word article each month and email it to your database.
- Post classified ads on free online websites like Craigslist, Kijiji, Castanet, Oodle.
- Teach other business owners and service providers how to market with little or no money.
- Write and send a hand written note to 5 people every day.
- Email a newsletter, buying and selling tips, video clip, slide shows.
- Email every month your best bets for buying opportunities. All categories like first time buy, move up buy, foreclosure or rental.
- Tel 20 – walk around a new listing, recent sale or an upcoming open house and share with 20 neighbors about the property and add them to your database
- Visit face to face an expired listing owner with a sold topper in hand and say “We have just been notified your home is no longer on the market and I am sure the last person you want to see at your door is another real estate agent. I just have 2 quick questions and will be on my way. First why do you think one of these “sold” signs did not get on your property and second why did you want to sell in the first place?”
- Hold an open house on a listing any day that only takes a customer no more than 2 open house signs to get to from the main traffic.
Hope you take away some great ways to boost your business without spending your way out of the business!
Looking for more great real estate marketing ideas? Fill in the form below for a nice little report we put together for you.
Strength and Courage,
Please Share, Tweet or Email these marketing tips to someone who needs them… feel free to leave a comment about your own low cost tips